"Issue/question links" for Atlassian Answers?

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

Hey,

I was just wondering if there are any plans on offering the ability to link different questions. It just happens once in a while, that questions are being closed and marked as "duplicate" sending you on your way trying to locate the "original" question.

In other cases you know that similar questions (sometimes already answered) are around and the only possibility to point to those questions is to add a comment or an answer. Wouldn't it be nice if you had sth. like JIRA's "issue links" displaying the different links right away? Just a thought and not a request:-)

Cheers Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2012

Great request. It's a lovely trend that JIRA and Confluence have introduced features that we now need to bring over to Answers! I raised it as a feature request a while back:

Add Remote Issue Linking to Answers

Actually I had been thinking about it for going from Answers to Knowledge Base articles, documentation, developer tutorials (all Confluence) or bugs (JIRA), but it'd work between answers and other answers too. Then, ideally, you'd be able to Remote Issue Link from a JIRA bug/feature to the related Answers post.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2012

By the way I'm still the only one who has voted for the issue so come on guys...

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2012

That would be very nice indeed. Let's see what the future holds:-)

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Completely agree with this. In my case I always indicate the original question right after the duplicate question message, but it doesn't force you. Maybe just adding a field asking for the link to the other answer would be enough.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events