🌳 For the next 30 days, one click = one tree!

102 comments

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 28, 2022

Last week's Friday fun is here if you haven't participated yet, and we have another one coming soon for your posts and likes courtesy of our own @Jimmy Seddon so stay tuned!

🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 29, 2022

We are in the final stretch and we need a mere 2,864 likes to meet our goal! We have already planted 27,136 trees, which thanks to the Atlassian Foundation is 54,272 trees. 

YESTERDAY, YOU PLANTED 2,590 TREES. In one day!!!

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 9.17.42 AM.png

Our highest weekend day so far has been 246 trees in a day.  So Stop by this weekend if you can and help get us to the final number!  🌳  Bam boom!

dwight.gif

Like # people like this
Jonathan V. July 29, 2022

@Monique vdB this is awesome, only 10% left!!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

Weekend kudos patrol reporting for duty!

calvin-and-hobbes-tree-house.gif

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2022

giphy

Let's do this :-) 

Like # people like this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2022

@Monique vdB - Please share the actual results as probably everyone is already wondering if the 30 000 goal was reached :) 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 31, 2022

@Mirek I would have been updating all weekend except my nephew had the nerve to turn one right at the end of July so I was traveling! 

We are at 1,129 Likes to go. But I won't pull the final numbers until tomorrow (and I am on Pacific time) so I am positive we can make it to 30,000 before the end!  

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 8.11.57 PM.png

Like # people like this
Karina S. {Elements}
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

Goal reached @Monique vdB ? 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 1, 2022

We're at 480 likes to go! I'm going to go talk about birthday cakes and then I'll check back again 😉

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 8.47.05 AM.png

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 1, 2022

Wow and after Brazil dominating the voting the whole time, Kenya has just taken the lead by 10 votes!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 1, 2022

I was going to pull the final numbers but I think I'm going to have some coffee first. ☕️

I'm sure I'll get to it soon. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 10.28.48 AM.png

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 1, 2022

I finished my coffee and was about to pull the final numbers except it turns out it's almost lunchtime here! So I'm going to go have some lunch. 

I'll definitely get to those final numbers soon.

Maybe after lunch....

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 11.42.48 AM.png

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

A Universal Tree we can all appreciate.

6f2501925df6065d493f3ec120fd6a99--loki-thor.jpg

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

Those final updates were so funny and encouraging that I couldn’t help throwing in a couple more from a terrace in Malta 😛! We must so close 👀👀👀

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 1, 2022

Just over here slowly eating lunch....

turtle-turtle-eating-a-berry.gif

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 1, 2022

Y'all are killing me 😆

I guess time for me to relax and have a nice cup of tea before I pull those.... final..... numbers....... maybe 49 people can just like this comment and put us out of our misery 😂

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 2.37.37 PM.png

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

I just went and liked about 20 things for you @Monique vdB 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 1, 2022

You are a peach, @Summer Hogan! The numbers don't update in real-time so I get them in batches. It's all very exciting.  

AS I WAS TYPING THIS, ANOTHER BATCH CAME THROUGH. Okay time for some math....

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 1, 2022

Congratulations to the Atlassian Community. We reached our goal with a final tally of 30,037 likes! 

Thanks to the Atlassian Foundation, we will plant 60,074 trees along with Eden Reforestation Projects. We will allocate funds to our top two poll winners, Kenya 🇰🇪 and Brazil 🇧🇷, as well as to the General Fund of the Eden Reforestation Projects to plant more trees all over the world. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 4.06.23 PM.png

This has been an incredibly fun initiative, thank you all for smashing that like button over and over and over (and over) again.  Special shoutouts to the people who earned the Green Thumbs-Up badge many times over, especially....

@Walter Buggenhout (321 times!)

@Andy Gladstone (520 times!!)

@Summer Hogan (535) times!!!

@Craig Nodwell (667 times!!!!!) 

Thank you all for making a difference and helping us hit our goal! 🌳 As you saw at the end here, every single like helped! 

🌳 🌳 🌳 🌳 🌳 🌳 🌳 🌳 🌳 

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

YAY! 

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

It was fun and I couldn't think of a better reason to like something. 

Thank you for all the behind the scenes work this must have taken. 

That's a lot of trees 🌳 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

@Monique vdB thanks for the summer break from the daily grind! I'm happy to not only have contributed to the project, but to have found some really great community contributors in the process!

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2022

Couldn’t word it any better than @Andy Gladstone just did! This was a great exploration of community content, serving a really good cause; I also must say I loved the story behind this initiative and feel really inspired to take the spirit of it into some local cause (whatever that may become) onwards. 
On a final note - I’m also very curious what 60.000 trees together looks like. 🎉🌳💙

Like # people like this
Jonathan V. August 2, 2022

@Monique vdB this is amazing news, and am so happy 60K trees are being planted. Honestly, this little initiative helped me wander around the site and find content I never had seen before. It was a win-win.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 3, 2022

Check out one of the projects we're funding, I hadn't heard of this community before!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events