Community release notes for February 26th, 2024

Let’s chat release notes!

are-you-ready-saturday-night-live-mldyirh1yofkqeaz.gif

New

Okay ya’ll, this is an exciting one! The Communi-team has been on a mission to improve this experience for some time now and we’re ready to share… Auto-enroll for Kudos has begun (incrementally) rolling out! Auto-enroll will include existing members who are not enrolled in Kudos and all new members moving forward. Let’s say it together - ONE LESS STEP, ONE LESS STEP!

OG’s might recall that when you joined Kudos a modal would be displayed. With the update to auto-enrollment we brought this back to help provide newbies with all the information on our Kudos program.

In case you didn't have a chance to see this in action here's what it looks like:

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 2.16.43 PM.png

Improved

The illustrious @Bill Sheboy brought attention to some… unexpected behavior with the update to the uniformity of notifications in the last release. Notifications were out there just doing their own thing vs displaying in chronological order. Confusing! Now, I don’t want to play favorites but Community engineer @Jessica Zeng is pretty dang awesome. Yes, that was it, just, she's awesome. Okay FINE, I'll expand on that sentence, Jessica quickly identified their misbehavior (she wants to know who let them eat sugar btw) and gave them a good talking to. They're properly admonished and behaving in chronological order again.

Yet another reason to stan the fabulous Jessica, while she was handling our little delinquents she made an improvement so they're in an easier to read format: February 27 2024 12:00 PM (Mm/DD/YYYY [timestamp]).

Show your appreciation for these two Community all stars by gifting Kudos love!

Updated

Atlassians use the announcements area to community high priority information (updates, events, outages, etc) to members. This release contained an update that prevents non-Atlassian staff members from creating topics, articles, and questions in the announcements area.

I collected the types of content that are frequently posted in this section and where you can share:

I usually have a hard time keeping things short and sweet, but since I am running late with this edition I'll try my best. With that you’re up to speed. Be awesome like Bill and share any feedback you have below. 👇

8 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

Thanks for the update @Janice . One question, when Kudos first rolled out it was auto-enabled for all which drew quite a bit of backlash resulting in an opt-in solution. Is there an easy opt-out process? 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

Glad the notifications aren't eating super sugary cereal anymore! 😅

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2024

Great updates @Janice! I'm looking forward to the notifications being in chronological order again! Also, so glad for the Kudo's change. That means more people I can give Kudo's to! 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2024

Thanks for the update @Janice!  Also, kudos @Bill Sheboy & @Jessica Zeng!   Thank you both for identifying and quickly resolving the issue!

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2024

Shared Kudos to the rockstars mentioned in the post - good call out @Janice !

And thanks for a fun read, and productive fixes and improvements as usual 🤩

Like # people like this
Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ February 28, 2024

Thanks for the update @Janice . I just started Kudos Program yesterday, and I can say it's great fun 😊

Like # people like this
Janice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 28, 2024

@Jack Brickey Let me confirm the details on this question and I'll provide an update here. :)

Like Jack Brickey likes this
LynnG March 2, 2024

Janice

area to community high priority

area to communicate high priority

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events