Clarifying subscription purchasing and site creation on the new cloud billing engine

We’ve recently had some confusion around the process to purchase a new subscription or create a new site.

Any new subscription purchased or new site created will end up on the existing billing account of the admin making the change - it will not create a new billing account.

What should I do if I want my subscriptions on separate billing accounts?

You have two options:

1. If you are managing a billing account and changes for another customer, have them start the site and then add you as a billing admin (the quickest option).

2. Or if you need to move multiple subscriptions to a different billing account or would like support, please contact our team.

Note: If you’re not a billing admin, on the request we’ll ask you to include the billing admin from the account to which you are transferring the subscription.

Handy information:

What is different about the new billing engine?

Billing accounts are new, and mapping subscriptions and sites to those accounts is different in the new cloud billing engine. In the new billing experience there is no option to pick a billing account to assign subscriptions to.

The new billing engine is also an account-based model, so billing admins receive account-level access and are not assigned admin capabilities on a site-by-site basis. As a result, when subscriptions are purchased in the new billing engine, they are always listed under the billing admin’s existing billing account.

How to know if you’re supported by the new billing engine:

To learn more about how to set up your cloud sites visit:

To learn more about billing accounts visit:

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events