Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW AVAILABLE: Atlassian DevOps Toolchain Cookbook

So, I and @Alex Ortiz , @Ed Gaile , and @Rodney Nissen got together to write about how to connect Atlassian tools with other tools (Atlassian and otherwise) using the Open DevOps platform to create a robust and effective toolchain for DevOps and DevSecOps.  That book, Atlassian DevOps Toolchain Cookbook is available TODAY.

Implementing DevOps practices and toolchains for automated testing and deployment can accelerate product development with minimal errors in the production environment. However, creating DevOps toolchains by integrating tools from various vendors presents challenges for both administrators and developers. Written by four well-known experts from Atlassian community, this book addresses the complexities of DevOps toolchain creation and integration by leveraging Atlassian's Open DevOps solution.

Starting with a holistic overview of the DevOps and Atlassian Open DevOps solution, you’ll learn to integrate Jira with other tools. You’ll then find out how to create and integrate a CI/CD pipeline in Bitbucket for automated testing and deployment to Docker containers. With step-by-step guidance, you'll connect Jira and Bitbucket with other tools such as Snyk for security and SonarQube for testing to form a toolchain. Further, the book shows you how Compass uses CheckOps for observability and how to use Confluence for documentation and reporting. Finally, you’ll leverage Opsgenie's ChatOps functionality to enhance collaboration between developers and operations teams.

By the end of this book, you’ll be able to establish your DevOps toolchain, integrating Atlassian tools to automate and optimize the software development lifecycle and beyond.

Key Features of the book include:

• Streamline development progress visibility by connecting Jira with other DevOps tools through Open DevOps
  • Enhance observability by integrating development tools like Bitbucket Pipelines with Compass
  • Learn the best practices for DevSecOps integrations and processes using real-world examples

This book is available at Amazon and other fine book purveyors.

71-gVAouczL._SL1500_.jpg

2 comments

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2024

👏👏

Like # people like this
Bryan Guffey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2024

My copy comes today! I can’t wait! Now who’s ready to write a book with me on teamwork using Atlassian tools? 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events