Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why setting the team member's work start time using "Team-specific availability" is not working?

Gil Groman December 4, 2019

I have a team member that start working as part of  team on a known date (e.g. 1/1/2020). Till then, he/she is working on other projects (and listed in another JIRA Portfolio plan, in a team there). 

So I tried setting the team member's work start time to 1/Jan/20 and hours to zero under the "Team-specific availability", but still when 'calculating' the Portfolio allocate for it stories even on these unavailable dates.
I tried also setting an exception till this date with work hours of zero, but this failed as well.

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Gil Groman ,

Are you using the old or new interface of Portfolio for Jira Server (3.x)?

If it's the new interface, at the moment there is only default number to reflect velocity, hence no way to reflect diminishing or rising velocity/capacity. 

We are working on a new feature that would allow you to adjust your future velocity per sprint to accommodate for such cases. 

Please let me know if the above makes sense.

Cheers,

Roi | Product Manager - Portfolio for Jira

Gil Groman December 4, 2019

I am using the old interface. Should it work there?

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Gil Groman , yep it should work. Please contact support to report this here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events