Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Parent Link showing Initiatives different boards?

Josh Kamrass
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 26, 2023

Our company is just starting to introduce initiatives to our boards. Is someone able to walk me through why in the parent link field initiatives from other boards are showing up in the drop down menu of parent link?

Are initiatives not specific to their own boards and/or is there a filter that needs to be set up? We are planning to use initiatives across the entire group 50+ people and 20+ boards, which will create far too many Initiatives to choose from within the Parent link if they cannot stay board specific.

JIRA Initiative Issue.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

Hi @Josh Kamrass ,

All boards issues are controlled by a filter. In the board configuration, there is filter associated to it. Must narrow down the filter, to narrow down the issues shown on a board.

However, the parent link field is not really controlled by filters. If you have access to those tickets, it will show up on the list as well. Use the search feature to narrow down to the items you want to see on the parent link drop down. 

-Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events