cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Issues and Show phases

Efraín Valencia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2022

Hi there!

I am VERY new to Advanced roadmaps, and I have been reading documentation and everything, due to the way projects are administered here, I need as part of the roadmap to be able to display the different phases an issue undertakes (something like Define Requirements, Developing, Testing, UAT, Release)

Is it possible to display this information within the GANTT chart? Also, due to the particularities of the organization, is often common for these phases to have gaps in between, so a solid bar is not really the best way to display them, is there a way to split it?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @Efraín Valencia -

We might be able to help with this at minware. I'm currently working with a customer implementing custom milestones to our Predictive Roadmap (below). The current functionality is a hover action and depending on how you are capturing the information we may be able to convert it to a timescale and include a different color on the gnatt chart. 

minware predictive roadmap.png

0 votes
Mike Vitale November 22, 2022

If you have an issue hierarchy in Jira which goes from Initiative > Epic > Task / Story > Sub-task, you can set the view of your Advanced Roadmaps to display accordingly by clicking Filters, then set the Hierarchy from Initiative to Sub-task.

Then it's just a matter of making sure the board / filter / project which your Plan is sourcing issues from has the full issue scheme of Initiative to Sub-Task.

In that scenario, I would then treat the Initiative as the project itself, pointing Epics to it via the parent link field, and utilizing Epics as placeholders for your phases. Then each Epic / Phase can have its own set of tasks and sub-tasks based on the Epic link you apply at the task level, and the child issues you create under tasks for sub-tasks. 

Efraín Valencia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2022

Thanks! I will give it a try

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events