Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll-Up Dates in Program View

Alison Clough February 29, 2024

We have been in the process of adopting Advanced Roadmaps. We are on Data Center. We started to play with Program views which roll-up multiple Plans. I noticed today that issues won't display on the timeline view in a Program when the issue in the plan is using roll-up dates. Has anyone ran into the same issue? If so, are there work arounds? 

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2024

@Alison Clough - 

It is my understanding the functionality of roll-up dates at the Program view is not available for the product, this feature is only associated at the plan level.

However, you may want to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further inquiry and possible solutions on the product.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2024

I think this is more the issue - I noticed today that issues won't display on the timeline view in a Program when the issue in the plan is using roll-up dates. - do you know why that would be?

I wasn't sure myself whether this was the actual issues that created the rollup in the Plan or if the issue in question (possibly an epic or above) is just not appearing.

Alison Clough March 5, 2024

Issues above the epic are displaying on the Program view, but only if the Target Start/End is populated. If the Target Start/End is a roll-up date then the issue doesn't show. We were thinking about creating an automation to populate the Target Start/End based on the roll-up date but are not sure where that roll-up date is being stored and if it is even something that can be referenced via automation. 

Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2024

Is there something in your issue sources that would constrain that? something relating to those fields like a time period??

0 votes
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2024

From what I understand standard issue types are not included in the program version of AR.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events