Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent link updated but Portfolio for Jira showing hierarchy and Jira Child Issue Field is empty

Stephen T August 7, 2019

I've installed Portfolio and configured my Hierarchy in settings so that the Issue Type called "Product Requirement" is at the highest above Epics (see below).

PR hierarchy.PNG 

I then went ahead and updated the "Parent Links" for a few Epics to the desired "Product Requirement" issue key. (see below)

Parent Link.png

However, when I click into that parent Issue Type (e.g. PR-257), the "Child Issues Section" is completely empty (see below).

Empty Child Issue.png

Any idea why this is happening?

Additionally, these hierarchy issue types are not showing up in my Portfolio for Jira Plan either (see below)

Missing PR from Portfolio.PNG

5 answers

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2020

Removing my previous answer because it was incorrect - apologies for any confusion caused.

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
Lara Arthur September 18, 2020

I'm having the same issue and not finding any solutions. Is this a bug in Advanced Roadmaps? If so will it be fixed any time soon?

0 votes
Tomorr Stasa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2020

I am having the exact same problem. 

Is it any solution for it?

Thanks

0 votes
Stephen Hayden March 31, 2020

How was this resolved?

Stephen T September 18, 2020

it has not been resolved

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out, and when it comes to data not showing up on a plan there are several items that can affect this.  

First are you using a Next-Gen project type?  If this is the case Portfolio does not currently support this project type and when using a Next-Gen project the parent/child mappings will break as well as some other features described here:

If you are using a classic project type check out the following list that details some specifics for what items effect how the data shows up on the plan and would be the settings to look at first:

• I can see this one is not the case from your screenshots as the versions are visible but I am leaving this one here incase anyone else runs across this post on similar behavior, but the Fix version and affects version fields must be visible for the issues to show up
  • Release assignments to a release that is excluded: If an issue is assigned to a fixVersion that is excluded from the plan, then the issue is not loaded (unless it also has another fixVersion assigned with is included). Things show up if they have either no version assigned, or they have at least 1 version assigned that is included. 
  • Filter permissions: Is the filter you are using is not shared with other users that try to access the plan, the other use will see a error when checking the issue sources in the plan configuration 
  • Issue Explicitly excluded before: if the issue has been explicitly excluded from the plan before, go to the plan configuration > Issue Sources > Edit sources, and check if the issue shows up as you go through the setup wizard again. if it was excluded, it will show up as unchecked in the table 
  • Unintended Filters in the UI - accidentally having any filter set on the plan, like for example the schedule range If something doesn't get scheduled it would not show up even though it exists. 
  • Hierarchy levels / mapping: Anything odd with which issue types are mapping to the hierarchy, exe was a hierarchy recently reconfigured or removed/re-added? try re-adding the parent link to the child issue on the plan and commit the change to clear this one up.
  • Custom field configurations: have there been any changes to fields? Portfolio checks this field when loading issues to see if it's in an included or excluded assignment.

Let me know what you find.

Regards,
Earl

Lisa Schaffer December 5, 2019

Hi @Earl McCutcheon 

I am having the exact same issue and I don't know why.  I also removed the issue type, re-added it.  In some cases I can see the hierarchy (in the Portfolio plan) and in others not. I have added ALL releases.

But, I am consistently NOT seeing the Child Issues list, but I can see the Parent Link populated on the Epic.

The Portfolio for JIRA version is 2.23 (data center) and JIRA is 7.12.3

Please help.

Thanks
Lisa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events