Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One filter used in advanced roadmap does not return all the issues in the filter

Leyla Kinaze July 17, 2024

Hi, I have a small problem.

I have a filter, filterA = 

•  (issueFunction in issuesinEpics("ProjectA Epics'") and type in (Story) )

when I used use it, it returns 7 stories.

When I try to use the filter in my advance roadmap, it does not return all the 7 stories but only 4 of the stories.

I tried to hardcode the filter, filterB, to see if filter was the issue =

• key in (story-1, story-2, story-3, story-4, story-5, story-6, story-7)

When I use this filterB, I have the exact same results... I only see 4 stories out of 7 in my advance roadmap.

My plan configuration:

- exclusion rules:  365 days any completed issues - (nothing else is set)

- removed issues: nothing set

The status of the story that I see is are follow:

- 3 in DONE status and the resolved date are in the month of July

- 1 in "IN PROGRESS" status

The status of the story that I do NOT see are as follow:

- all in DONE status and the resolved date are in the month of July as well.

Their respective EPIC are also in DONE status.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?  and what I should look at to have a complete roadmap? 

2 answers

1 vote
Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2024

Hey @Leyla Kinaze

My first thought is that they're being filtered out because they're done, but you seem to have had that thought as well. 

Plans actually has a tool that can help you find missing issues. In your Plan settings, go to Find your issue in the sidebar, and search for one of those that doesn't come up. (Full procedure here) This tool should tell you what rule(s) are prohibiting that issue from showing in your plan. 

If none of the other troubleshooting options on that page, you may need to reach out to support. They'll be able to see more of what's going on in your site and help you specifically. 

I hope this helps

Cheers

Eddie

Leyla Kinaze July 23, 2024

Thanks @Eddie Meardon - I think maybe there is a configuration with our Jira instance as I do not see the information you were proposing me to check:

All I see as options in the plan Settings are:
Screenshot 2024-07-23 155142.png

Thank you for your help

Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2024

@Leyla Kinaze are you on a Cloud site or the DC version of Jira?

Leyla Kinaze July 24, 2024
Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2024

That explains why you can't see the menu option I mentioned. Sorry about that. 

In terms of what help I can offer from DC, we have a page in the documentation about how to find missing issues in Advanced Roadmaps but I think you've done most of these steps. 

At this point, I'd recommend reaching out to support.

Like Leyla Kinaze likes this
Leyla Kinaze July 25, 2024

Thank you @Eddie Meardon 

0 votes
Avery July 17, 2024

Your filters seem accurate, so perhaps it is how the roadmap shows completed issues. Please verify the view settings in the roadmap to check if it hides completed issues. Ensure there are no hidden exclusion rules affecting visibility.

Also, think about timing—sometimes updates can be slow in the roadmap view. Try refreshing or waiting a moment to see if it gets better.

Leyla Kinaze July 23, 2024

Hi @Avery ,

Thanks for taking the time to look into my question.
As mentioned in my problem description:

My plan configuration:

- exclusion rules:  365 days any completed issues - (nothing else is set)

- removed issues: nothing set

Nothing is set in the exclusion rules nor is there any issues removed in the plan settings. 
As for the timing, I have the issue for a week now so it does not look like it is a timing issue.

Will keep looking and possibly raise a support ticket.

Thanks!

Like Avery likes this
Avery July 23, 2024

Yeah,  If the issue’s been there for a week, it’s probably not timing.  Contacting support is a solid move. Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events