Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm facing a problem with capacity planning in Advanced Roadmaps (Kanban) and would appreciate any a

Richardo Montenori
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 9, 2024

Hi

I'm facing a problem with capacity planning in Advanced Roadmaps (Kanban) and would appreciate any advice or solutions from the community. In our system, one individual works across two different teams. The capacity is displayed separately for each team. The issue is that it doesn't take into account that this person's capacity needs to be divided between the two teams. As a result, the total capacity isn't reconciled in the planning. I'm looking for a way to adjust the capacities so that the actual availability of the individual is correctly offset across both teams without the need for constant manual adjustments. Does anyone have experience with this type of situation or know of a setting that could solve this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2024

Are you asking how you can avoid setting the percent allocated to each of the Teams? I believe the system will adjust the allocation based on the work assigned, rather it assumes that you set the allocation and fit the work inside of that allocation. You may want to try and find a pattern here and set the person in a cycle to certain percentages... or look for a REST API into the Advanced Roadmaps backend, but you will still be typing the percentages in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events