Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked by links between epics don't show in the dependencies report.

Thayne Munson March 17, 2023

I have an epic in my plan with a blocked by dependency with another Jira project epic.  I was hoping I could see this relationship in the dependencies report but it does not seem to allow viewing dependencies between epics.  Is there a way to see a epic to epic dependency report?

Thanks,

Thayne Munson

image.pngimage.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kristopher Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2023

The Dependency report is only focused on issues that are in the Plan. In this case, according to your screenshot, the blocked issue is from a project not in your plan. If you want it to show in the dependency report, you need to modify the source of the plan to include a filter, board or project that contains that blocked issue(s) in order for the dependency report to help.

Thayne Munson March 20, 2023

Thanks Kristopher.  

Like Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2023

Unfortunately, the Roadmaps dependencies report does not currently display dependencies between epics by default.

You can try a couple of workarounds to visualize the dependencies between epics:

Use issue linking:
Instead of using the "Blocked by" dependency, create issues with links between the two epics. Use the "blocks" and "is blocked by" issue link types. Then, in your Advanced Roadmaps plan, you will be able to see the dependencies between the epics, represented by arrows on the timeline.

Create custom reports using third-party apps:
There are several third-party apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace that allow you to create custom reports and visualize dependencies between epics. Some of these apps include:

Structure for Jira:

This app allows you to create hierarchical structures and visualize dependencies between issues, including epics.

eazyBI Reports and Charts for Jira:

This app enables you to create custom reports and charts to visualize dependencies between epics and other issue types.

You can explore these apps and others to find a solution. 

Thayne Munson March 20, 2023

Thanks Oday.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events