Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap per person?

Sandra Kawamoto June 4, 2018

Is there a way to visualize roadmap for one single person? I mean, see what tasks are assigned to a specific person in our team in the timeline?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cameron Eldridge June 4, 2018

Hi @Sandra Kawamoto,

h6. Option 1 - Basic

You can adjust the view settings of your Schedule to group by *Person*. This displays a separate timeline view for each assignee.

h6. Option 2 - Advanced

Alternatively, if your team is small enough, you could create unique issue sources that simply append “AND Assignee = userA” for each assignee. Then, create unique plans for each person and aggregate them into a Program for a high level view of each team member’s scope/schedule.

Best,

Cameron

Oh @Cameron Eldridge, you helped a lot. Option 1 is what we need. Our team is small, but I didn't understand Option 2. "Create unique plans"?

But now I realized that Portfolio is not taking the assignee in Jira into consideration to define the schedule. I defined personA as assignee for a Story and all its subtasks in Jira, but when the roadmap was constructed, other people were assigned to that Story in Portfolio. Can you figure out what is wrong?

Cameron Eldridge June 4, 2018

Take a look at your plan settings. Ensure that the Assignee Import Level is set to Epic or higher. 

Deleted user June 5, 2018

Thanks @Cameron Eldridge,

I have learnt something new today about Portfolio for JIRA. :)

Cameron Eldridge June 5, 2018

You’re welcome, @[deleted]!

Sandra Kawamoto June 11, 2018

@Cameron Eldridge, setting the Assignee Import Level resolved. Thanks a lot.

Cameron Eldridge June 11, 2018

You’re welcome, @Sandra Kawamoto!

1 vote
Deleted user June 4, 2018

Hi @Sandra Kawamoto,

In Portfolio for JIRA, you can look at the capacity view though it will not give you a timeline for each user.

My suggestion would be to look into the Activity Timeline add-on for JIRA if you require a timeline specifically.

Hope this helps

Thanks Danny, I'll see Activity Timeline. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events