Portfolio Planning with epic-story-subtask hierarchy

Lucas Kunneman September 17, 2019

Running JIRA  V7.1.1, with Portfolio V2.2.2. Soon moving to JIRA 8 and portfolio 3.9.

In our project, we've defined several epics with stories. Those stories have a number of sub-tasks, each with effort estimate & assigned to people. Our goal is to get portfolio running to visualize the planning and dependencies (gantt-chart style). I run into the following:

1. Stories are shown in the schedule, but the sub-tasks are not. We need that granularity.  Can that be turned on now? Will it be possible in Portfolio V3.9?
   Note that luckily, the sub-tasks are shown in the 'scope' view. Now to see them in the schedule view!

2. Some subtasks can be done concurrently, while others depend on each other. Does it make sense to use the 'dependency' of issues called 'blocked by'?  This seems intuitive, but Portfolio states a cyclic dependency error when I create such a relation between two subtasks.

1 answer

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

I don't know the second part. But for the first part, yes you can visualize including subtask:

jira-portfolio-hierarchy.png

Lucas Kunneman September 18, 2019

Thanks  Deniz, unfortunately that is 'scope', not schedule.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events