• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filter for a single Jira that shows non-greyed out hierarchy?

I'm trying to find a way to filter a Portfolio Plan based on a parent Jira in a way that automatically includes all the children Jiras in the hierarchy WITHOUT greying them out.  I know I could do this with something like labels, but that will require more manual upkeep.  I can do this with just JQL, but I can't seem to find a way with the Portfolio Plan filtering options to do this.

We use the "Portfolio for Jira plan" Confluence macro, and ultimately, we want all child Jiras to not be greyed out in this macro, without needing to rely on something like labels.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Atlassian Team Nov 12, 2020

Hi @Heather Barcomb ,

Thanks for the feedback on this... sadly it's not possible to achieve what you're asking for at the moment. When we created the design for this we wanted to find a way to clearly indicate issues that to not match the specified filter. The reason that this was important was that we still wanted to show issues both above and below matched issues within the hierarchy (i.e. we didn't want to prevent you drilling down into descendant issues or being able to see the issues ancestors).

We recognise that there are problems with the current implementation because it makes it harder for those greyed out issues to be read and they can be confused as being in a disabled state. To be completely honest we have yet to decide on a satisfactory way in which to resolve this problem... we have considered options like removing the faded state and just replacing with an icon on each row that matches the filter, or even just adjusting the opacity of the fade so that it is not quite so prominent. 

It sounds like you would just rather have this styling removed entirely? If that's the case would you not be concerned with not being able to identify issues that don't match the filter?

Regards,

Dave

I don't mind the fading in general.  I can definitely see the benefits of it in certain situation.  For my situation, just having a  filter option where you can use a jql query would work.

Dave Atlassian Team Nov 13, 2020

One option would be to use a JQL filter as an issue source and then (at least on the Server version of Advanced Roadmaps) you can filter by issue source (look for "Issue source" in the filters menu). That would then provide you the view you're looking for.

However, if you're looking to very quickly change the filter within the plan then that's not possible (because the filters in a plan are done in the browser, whereas JQL filtering is done on the server).

Regards,

Dave

I think this will work for us.. thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

6,555 views 25 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you