Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk remove or delete Issue Links

Sravanthi Boggaram October 30, 2020

Hi All -

I have tried to Bulk Update the issues to remove the links from the selected issues.

But I see the "Change Linked Issues" option under Unavailable Actions section at the bottom of the Bulk Change Screen

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Sravanthi B

5 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

@Sravanthi Boggaram - I agreed with @Tessa Tuteleers , Your other alternative is to conduct bulk update using CSV file.  However you will need an account that has Jira Admin right. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver089/importing-data-from-csv-1005346812.html

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jordan Richter December 21, 2022

CSV Import only works to add issue links, it does not remove them. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

@Jordan Richter -

If you are a Jira Admin, you can use CSV to bulk edit issues via Systems >> External System Import.  Even the name is an "Import", you can use the file to conduct bulk editing operation.

Best, Joseph

Like Jordan Richter likes this
SURATHA KUMAR PANDA March 11, 2024

How to remove by using CSV import ? The link provided above don't have any detail for remove issue link process via CSV.

0 votes
Pierre Ibrahim September 11, 2023

Not necessarily a great solution, but you can have a post function on your issuetype that you wish to delete the links from, and have it be in an all to all transition, and then in your bulk edit, you can transition the issues in your JQL using the transition you created to remove the links.

You may still need an add-on like JWT, JSU, or Scriptrunner/etc... to add that post function.

0 votes
Dániel Király January 6, 2023

You can remove multiply links on the structure view if You use extend and You delete the issues there then the links will be automatically deleted.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2020

Welcome to the Community, @Sravanthi Boggaram !

You can bulk remove issue links with our cloud app Advanced Bulk Edit for Jira. Our app is simlilar to the Jira bulk change feature and simple to use for every Jira user.

bulk-edit-jira_remove-issue-links.png

Don't heisitate to get in touch with our support if you have questions or feedback about our app.

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2020

Hi @Sravanthi Boggaram , 

Welcome to the community! 

Unfortunately, this is indeed not possible within Jira, as the bulk edit page states. 

However, If you have Scriptrunner on your instance (an app I would recommend for every instance because of the whole world of custom opportunities it offers via scripting), they have a nice little script prepared here that you can edit to your case and use. 

However, if you are new to scripting, please be careful and try it with 1 issue first. 

Let me know if you need more help with this! 

- Tessa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events