• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bulk remove or delete Issue Links

Hi All -

I have tried to Bulk Update the issues to remove the links from the selected issues.

But I see the "Change Linked Issues" option under Unavailable Actions section at the bottom of the Bulk Change Screen

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Sravanthi B

3 answers

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers Community Leader Oct 30, 2020

Hi @Sravanthi Boggaram , 

Welcome to the community! 

Unfortunately, this is indeed not possible within Jira, as the bulk edit page states. 

However, If you have Scriptrunner on your instance (an app I would recommend for every instance because of the whole world of custom opportunities it offers via scripting), they have a nice little script prepared here that you can edit to your case and use. 

However, if you are new to scripting, please be careful and try it with 1 issue first. 

Let me know if you need more help with this! 

- Tessa

@Sravanthi Boggaram - I agreed with @Tessa Tuteleers , Your other alternative is to conduct bulk update using CSV file.  However you will need an account that has Jira Admin right. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver089/importing-data-from-csv-1005346812.html

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Welcome to the Community, @Sravanthi Boggaram !

You can bulk remove issue links with our cloud app Advanced Bulk Edit for Jira. Our app is simlilar to the Jira bulk change feature and simple to use for every Jira user.

bulk-edit-jira_remove-issue-links.png

Don't heisitate to get in touch with our support if you have questions or feedback about our app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

6,457 views 24 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you