Scriptrunner Confluence Listener - Track User Page View

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

It looks like there is an ability to track page views by user in Confluence when using Scriptrunner.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this? If so, do you have any example scripts you can share?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Aidan Derossett [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hey there friend!

Is there a particular thing you're wanting to accomplish by tracking when users view a page? Using a Script Listener, you can execute a script every time the "PageViewEvent" is fired. I might be able to write up an example for you if you can provide a little bit more info about your use-case. :D

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 2.33.49 PM.png

Best,
Aidan

Martin Müller January 25, 2021

Hi Aidan,

I have a similar problem: I want to count page views with the PageViewEvent and show this information in the breadcrumb section (atl.page.metadata.banner) with a script fragment. I don't want user tracking, only anonymous data "Page views: xx".

I'm new to scripting with groovy so I don't know how to store the hit counter (so the event can get the old hit counter and add 1) and showing this data in the script fragment.

With the stored hitcounter it should also be possible to gather all page views from certain/all spaces so an admin can see what page has been viewed most. This would be a custom macro on a site available for admins only.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events