cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy one issue summary into another using project automation

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hello Guys,

We are using plugin automation for jira, using that I need to copy summary of one ticket into another.

We have a custom field on our request from where users put jira story number eg. STORY-1,

I need to copy the summary of STORY-1 into newly created ticket, how do I achieve that ?

Currently, I am only able to copy value of custom field that is STORY-1 but I need the summary of STORY-1.

Please suggest if anyone has any idea.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2021

So,I have managed to do myself & if anyone wondering here is a solution. I used a trigger called "When : Issue Linked" then edit issue with the smart field update {{destinationIssue.summary}}

Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2023

@Vishal I'm trying to do something similar not sure if your solution would help.

I have an epic and I'm creating an automation to create a number of standard tasks below it that include the summary of the epic as part of their summary. So it would be:

Epic Summary: "Tutorial Video"

Task 1: "Script for {Tutorial Video}

Task 2: "Screenshares for "{Tutorial Video}"

...etc

Is this what you achieved?

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2023

Hi @Jaime Capitel _resolution_

No, it is not what did, but I have the solution & have done something similar which will work in your case.

All you need to do is preset your Tasks issue summary as below :

Task 1 : Script for {{issue.summary}}

Task 2 : Screenshares for {{issue.summary}}

This will work upon choosing appropriate trigger action.

Thanks

Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2023

Thanks! Gotta try this :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events