(Beginner) How can I automate the population of a subtask list based on the Issue type?

JT Jung December 13, 2017

I'm completely new to JIRA Script Runner. I tried doing the research to figure out how I can automate the addition of 15 subtasks upon parent issue creation, but could not get any code to work.

I'm currently on the Script Console. Can someone provide me with detailed steps from the very beginning on how to add the script for this purpose?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hello, 

I believe the easiest way for you to do this would be to use the built-in create sub-task post function. You can get to this by going to your workflow > then click Add a Post Function > then click Script Post Function > finally click Create a sub-task. You'll have to make one of these post-functions for each sub-task you want to make, so if you want to make 15 sub-tasks, create 15 post functions. 

You could also custom code this, but for ease-of-use sake I would recommend the above method even though it is a bit tedious. 

Please let me know if you need any further help!

Jenna

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events