Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling People from displaying in the Quick Nav

brett deline September 18, 2012

We have a requirement with our confluence installation that people are not searchable. We have been able to disable the people directory and other pieces of functionality pertaining to showing users to a non-admin confluence user. However, when using the Quick Nav/Search in the upper right corner of confluence we have been unable to figure out a way to prevent people from being searched on. We know we can disable 'Quick Navigation' altogether, but we want pages/spaces/etc. to still be searchable. Anyone know a way of that this can be done?

Thanks.

Brett

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
brett deline November 12, 2012

Ok, I'm sure this is posted somewhere else but in order to limit the type of results coming back from the server, I hooked into the QuickNav widget using javascript. I went into the admin and went to 'Look and Feel -> Custom HTML'. I edited at the 'End of Body' HTML and added this code:

<script language="javascript">
Confluence.QuickNav.setMakeParams(function(value){
    return {
        query: value,
        type: ['page','attachment']
    }
}); 
</script>

The 'type' key is the magic part. The search results will only return results that match either pages or attachments.

I hope this helps someone else out.

Brett

Confluence.QuickNav.setMakeParams(function(value){
return {
query: value,
type: ['page','attachment']
}
});
Lukas Karrer June 2, 2014

Hi Brett

thanks for sharing the answers. This solves an issue we are having. Did you find a way how to disable the type-ahead in the share-functionality? There, users are visible too.

0 votes
brett deline November 11, 2012

Does anybody have any idea how to do this?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events