-
Move from data to Insights with Atlassian Analytics
👋 Hi everyone, I’m Kevin Hindmarch and Im a Principal Customer Success Architect at Atlassian. After 13+ years working across Big Tech and Management consultancy companies, AWS, BCG and now Atlassian, I’ve seen one problem consistently hold teams back: The data exists - but getting from data to a decision is still far too…
-
AI Summarized Everything… Except the Real Problem
In my last project team meeting, the dashboard looked healthy. Milestones were green, risks were low and the AI-generated summary confidently stated that the project was progressing as planned. Then one developer casually mentioned, "We're still waiting for approval from another team, so testing probably won't start this…
-
How do client delivery teams record billable scope changes in Jira?
Hi everyone — I’m an independent Atlassian Marketplace developer researching a workflow before deciding whether to build anything. I don’t have an app to promote, and I’m not sharing a product link. I’m trying to understand how software agencies, consultancies, and implementation teams handle scope changes in fixed-price,…
-
What leading indicators in Jira have actually helped you predict program risk early?
Hi everyone — I’m looking for perspectives from this group on a pattern I keep seeing in program delivery. Even with well-maintained Jira boards, roadmaps, and regular status reviews, programs often appear healthy right up until timelines start slipping. When we look back, the signals were usually there earlier — just…
-
Road Map to PM
Hello Atlassians, I’m comfortable managing projects in Jira, including building dashboards and reports. Currently, I work with the UN Food Programme, where I develop monitoring tools for different projects and create data-driven visual reports. However, my long-term goal is to transition into a Project or Program Manager…
-
Why do business and IT teams often see SAP projects differently?
One of the most interesting challenges in SAP implementations isn't technical. It's alignment. Business teams focus on business processes, priorities, and outcomes. Delivery teams focus on requirements, development, testing, and timelines. Both are working toward the same objective, yet they often view project progress…
-
Are AI-generated project updates improving clarity or just improving formatting?
One thing I’ve been noticing across modern project workflows is that teams are getting better at producing polished updates, but not necessarily better at communicating operational reality. A project status can look extremely structured in Confluence or Jira while important signals still remain unclear: * unresolved…
-
Smagva ZE for Confluence - New app for Projects
Recently tried a Confluence app called Smagva ZE and genuinely liked the simplicity of its “Insert Snapshot” approach for project visibility. Interesting concept for surfacing operational context without adding more dashboard noise or process overhead. It actually made me question how much time project teams still spend…
-
WTF does a PM actually do?
Remember this viral thing about DJs from a while ago? I couldn't help but imagine a Project Manager here as another severely undervalued profession. For years, other people have been calling them mean names like 'glorified secretaries', 'guys who majored in business management because they had no clue what they wanted to…
-
Power and influence in program management
As you all know, Program Management is sometimes about simply getting s*** done! In many cases however we don't have formal authority, so in absence of this, how do we still make things happen? In a 1959 study, John French and Bertram Raven noted that power is divided into 5 forms (and they later added a sixth). By…