Hi Team,Need help as on of the project in Jira is going to be stopped in a month. we need to display banner or meesage to users who select this Project in create issue screen .We need to even disable to use this project after few days.Please help to display banner when user selects this project and even when a jira is assigned to this group
Gunna, I'd check out this add on. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211928/announcer-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
can we have something without addon
Hey Gunaa, I did some more research and found a page discussing this. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Limit-announcement-banner-to-specific-sections-in-JIRA/qaq-p/166841I made a modification to the script and was able to get something working similar to what you wanted. This will show up when a user navigates to the project, not when they try and create a ticket for the project. <p style="display: none;" id="demo">Sample Announcement</p><script>if (window.location.href.indexOf("projects/SP") != -1) {document.getElementById("demo").style = "display: block;";}</script>
Note: "SP" is the key of my project I want the announcement banner to appear on.
This is really helpful, thanks!
@Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Hi Kian, thanks for the script for display the banner for SP project. It work well
Could you share how can i put the individual banner for 300+ projects in Jira? Thanks!
@HP,
I looked at the Marketplace to see if there were any apps to help. I didn't see anything specific in there. I suppose you could set up if/else conditions in the script I supplied earlier. That would be quite a bit of work though.
Thanks Kian.
I found this, https://help.k15t.com/backbone-issue-sync/latest/server/configure-a-project-banner-197761575.html#id-.Configureaprojectbannerv5.3-Prerequisites which can help to show banner for the individual project/issue related to the project.
Thanks
@HP - nice that you've found the article in our docs. I've also rephrased that help article as an article for the Atlassian Community. If you have any feedback what you improved/changed which might help other people, I'd be happy if you comment on the article.
@Kian Stack Mumo Systems is there a way to have this specific jira project banner done for in JIRA cloud?
@Ade Adegoke, not to the best of my knowledge.
I solved this by creating a Scriptunner web-panel fragment.
Added the "banner" to "atl-header".
"It would be preferable to have the message as the actual banner, but unfortunately the current project object is not available to us in that context."
project
That's a good solution! Thanks for sharing!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.