Announcement banner is a great tool, but I wonder if I can set it per project, not for the whole instance?
Thanks in advance for ideas.
Hi @Katya Godneva (
you can use html, css and javascript in the banner.
This means you could get the current URL where the banner is displayed in javascript via
<span>def currentURL = window</span><span>.</span><span>location</span><span>.</span><span>href </span>
(Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1034621/get-the-current-url-with-javascript)
Because the jira URLS are pretty regular you could parse this Url for the Project Key (Example URL<base url>/projects/PROJECT_KEY/issues/?filter=allopenissues) where you want to display some specific banner.
parsed_key = extractKey(currentURL)
Then you create a javascript function which gives other content based on the
display_banner(PROJECT_KEY)
and define the banner you want to show in the display_banner function.
I don't have the time (or inclination) to flesh this out or define the mentioned functions but I hope this idea gets you started.
With kind regardsMario
@Mario Carabelli thanks a lot! looks like it!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.