I have been running confluence with no issues. I recently decided to add jira to my set up.
I have been round the installation/db creation a couple of times and still cannot get jira working.
I am using Jira v7.13.0#713000 with MySql 5.5.40 and mysql-connector-java-5.1.47
on a Windows box
Using MySQl workbench I see jiradb.. but info says there are no tables... yet during the startup pages I connected successfully to mysql and I was able to create a project.. but browsing to it throws a 'Oops - an error has occurred' and a massive stack trace:
Referer URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa?selectedCategory=all&selectedProjectType=all
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsInitException: bundle [com.atlassian.plugins.base-hipchat-integration-plugin-api]
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsInitException: bundle [com.atlassian.plugins.base-hipchat-integration-plugin-api]
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.DynamicAuthorizationServletForwarder.forward(DynamicAuthorizationServletForwarder.java:55) [?:?]
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.DynamicAuthorizationServletForwarder.forwardSafely(DynamicAuthorizationServletForwarder.java:83) [?:?]
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.SanitizingServletForwarder.forwardSafely(SanitizingServletForwarder.java:48) [?:?]
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.RememberingServletForwarder.forwardSafely(RememberingServletForwarder.java:75) [?:?]
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.ResolvingServletForwarder.forwardSafely(ResolvingServletForwarder.java:50) [?:?]
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingResponse.lambda$null$0(RedirectInterceptingResponse.java:50) [?:?]
at java.util.Optional.map(Optional.java:215) [?:1.8.0_202-ea]
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingResponse.lambda$forward$1(RedirectInterceptingResponse.java:50) [?:?]
looking under 'Instance Health checks' I see a collation error
The database collation 'utf8_general_ci' and table collation 'latin1_swedish_ci' are not supported by JIRA.
But again when I use mysql workbench the schema and tables show utf8_bin
Log analyser shows:
JIRA throws table already exist error due to incorrect MySQL Schema
Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on here. This was a clean install and I followed the install instructions as far as I know to the letter.
Many thanks for any help