https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/deploying-a-release-764478183.html#Deployingarelease-deploy-release-kanbanKanban
I do a browser page text search and there's no "release" word anywhere...
I discovered that Releases are not a part of the "next-gen" project... but releases and versioning are two of the top reasons we switched to Jira. Super disappointing. I don't understand why this is not part of the next-gen projects.
you likely do not have permissions to manage releases or you are using a next-gen project maybe?
Where do I find info on that? I'm already a project administrator.
Correct but it is often asked for and given Next-gen is new I expect it will be added and likely this year. I would recommend switching to Classic projects if you want to manage SW projects. IMO, NG is not ideally suited for full SW management but that is just my opinion.
p.s. use the "Feedback" link to share your thoughts w/ Atlassian on the desire for managing releases.
There's a lot of things missing from next-gen that I used in last-gen at my last job that I recommended we use specifically Jira for over Trello but that aren't there now...
Atlassian really should have taken more time to bake things before releasing next-gen as the default.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.