Hello,
I'm new Jira and I'm trying to setup a workflow for my project and teams.
I can't seem to figure out what the benefits of creating new boards does, they all seem to hold the exact same tasks/issues?!
Ideally, I would like to create a Board for my Artists, and a Board for my Coders; and I have done just this.
However, when I create 'issues' within the Artists board, they also show in my Coders board, and vice verse. I would like to keep issues for the Artists only visible in the Artists Board, and likewise for the Coders.
So it seems that creating a new Board just simply mirrors everything, which seems a bit pointless and very messy to me?
---
I come from a Trello background, so to me; when creating a Board, and adding Tasks; those tasks stay and are children of this Board. However this isn't the case for Jira. It seems as if the Issues/Tasks are children of the Project (rather than board-specific), and are shared across all Boards, which makes no sense to me?
Could someone please explain the best way to do this is?