Thanks for writing this up @Karen_Mustain! I 100% agree with every single one, and particularly love the templates tip. We're adding new ones soon so be on the lookout!
Thanks for the tips @Karen_Mustain! I'm a new user of both Jira and Confluence, and it's a bit overwhelming. I've been playing around with creating pages on my personal space to get started
Hoping the docs are better than their youtube presence. Most of the videos appear to be 7 years old, and were of little help.
Your tips are great, but how do I actually do create my own playground? Is there a Confluence playground somewhere on this site? It would be nice if your suggestions would be linked to the relevant articles where I can get further information.
There's a typo "Conflunece" in the text.
@Roland Illig You can find all of the Confluence Documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/.
You will need to filter based on your needs (Server vs Cloud, Confluence Version and Knowledge Base vs Documentation).
You can search on keywords as well. You can use the bold words above as search terms.
Your 'personal space' is your playground. So just search for 'personal space' in the documentation type and filter by your Confluence configuration.
Also, 'great resources' link above will take you the Confluence Server Support landing page where you can launch off to Support, Documentation, Community and Knowledge Base.
@Karen_Mustain Thanks for your impressively quick response. I tried to follow your instructions, but since I don't have Confluence 7 installed locally, I clicked on by profile picture here on https://community.atlassian.com/, as suggested in the documentation. I didn't find any 'Add Personal Space' menu item there. I had expected it there.
Next, I logged in at https://confluence.atlassian.com/ and tried the same there, with the same result.
I explicitly asked where I can try out Confluence 7 since I don't have regular access to that version.
I'd expect something like https://demo7.confluence.atlassian.com/, where I can try out the latest, shiniest features. Does such a thing exist?
@Roland Illig You will need to have access to a Confluence instance. All the links you referenced in our response is Atlassian's website it is NOT the Confluence Product.
You can try Confluence Cloud here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/free
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.