I want to create a JQL query to only return epics that have children issues or to put another way IF Epic and childIssues IS EMPTY but of course there is no such "childIssues" ...
I don't have Scriptrunner.
You cannot accomplish this with the base functionality. If you had scriptrunner this is both doable and easy!
issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = Test") OR issueFunction in epicsOf("resolution is not Empty or resolution = unresolved")
It figures. I see this all the time in so many other situations where Atlassian won't provide a solution even though it has been requested for years. They defer to a 3rd party that requires payment for yet another add-on. They must be getting some commission or royalty fees off every add-on sale....<sad>
I'm sorry to disappoint you! I know that it can be frustrating to hear the functionality you are looking for is covered by a 3rd party rather than Atlassian.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.