We are working on several projects in parallel that share the same component versions. Is there any way to automatically submit the same issues for the multiple projects in JIRA? Is there any way on how to automatically close these duplicates in case of them is resolved / fixed?
Thanks!
Hi @A Red,
not with plain Jira. If you have any workflow app which provides you with the ability to clone your issue to another project, link them automatically and trigger a workflow transition on a linked issue, it is possible.
Do you have any additional workflow apps?
Hi @Thomas Schlegel
We have no workflow apps, Could you suggest any?
Yes, of course. I can recommend three of them (these are the ones we are using, others might be great also, but I don't use them, so I can't recommend them)
Jira Suite Utilities
Jira Misc Workflow Extensions
Jira Workflow Toolbox
We have all of them for different purposes, but I use the Create issue function of Jira Workflow Toolbox and Transition Linked Issue from JMWE.
All of them have much more functionality. You can try them for free and then see, if they fit your needs.
Not to forget Scriptrunner: with this, you can write your own workflow function.
Thank you, Thomas!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.