I setup a transition that changes the value of a custom group picker field and the members in that group get a notification when the issue hits the transition. The problem I'm having is that the members are also being notified when any field is changed in the issue after the transition.
Field "workgroup" is blank when issue is created
Issue is moved to a new step, the transition sets the field "workgroup" to the group name I set in the post function and then the post function fires an issue updated signal. The members are properly notified of the workgroup change.
However, once the issue is sitting in the new step, any change to any field is sending a notification to the group (so the transition isn't involved).
The notification settings for issue updated are:
Group custom field value (workgroup)
All watchers
current assignee
Reporter
The members in the group are not watchers,assignee or reporter.