We are using a third party help chat software on our website - when all agents are offline, the online user can still send us a message through that help chat. I've configured the service to send offline messages to the support email address that is configured to create tickets in JIRA Service Desk.
- I have the option to accept bulk messages enabled.
- The IMAP configured support email is currently working for anyone else who sends an email to the particular support email.
- I have configured the third party service to send the email in plain-text, in case that is necssary for JIRA Service Desk.
Here's the current configuration for this incoming mail server:
- Bulk: accept
- CC Assignee: false
- CC Watchers: false
- Catch Email Address: [existing IMAP configured support email]
- Create Users: true
- Notify Users: false
- Strip Quotes: false
Because that inbox has been successfully creating service tickets for a while now, it was not monitored and it was only after a spot-check that it was noticed that offline messages from this third-party help chat service were not creating service tickets.