We have multiple AWS accounts to keep infrastructure, dev, and prod separate. Currently our BitBucket server lives in our "infrastructure" account and I am trying to set up a client in our "dev" account. We have a NAT gateway set up for both the bitbucket server and the client. The bitbucket server is behind a load balancer and the client is simply trying to clone via ssh through the NAT gateway but it is not working (ssh timeout).
I tried turning on debug logging but there is nothing showing up in the logs so this tells me that perhaps my client is not reaching the server.
Question: What is the best practice for setting up BitBucket in AWS with the requirement that we have enable client access from a different AWS account?
I have confirmed that we can clone repositories with a client corp env that is not in AWS so we know that cloning works in general. I just can't get cloning to work from a different AWS account.
Thoughts?