Hi All,
I am new here but i need to do something that is proving to be difficult and i think i found a work around but i don't have the extra text users to test out my solution. I was hoping one of you could do it real quick?
Currently per Atlassian ther is no way to accomplish this. however.....
Scenario:
I have multiple projects and i only want to implement this on 1 of the projects.
I have a manager at a customer that wants to be a "request participant" for every ticket opened from his company.
The Mgr is a "Service desk customer" account type
What i did in my limited testing:
I created a custom field: call it anything you wish, i set the type to "user single select" and then set the default value to my customer's MGR's name.
Now in my opening workflow transition, i added a post function called "copy value from other field" in the source field i selected the new custom field you just created, in the destination field i choose the "request participants (request participants" field and choose copy within the same issue.
So now when i create an issue this MGR is now a requested participant in the ticket, So it is working but what i can't test is when the user logs into the portal does the ticket show up for the MGR?
If someone could please test this and get back to me i would super appreciate it, limited resources is a real bummer, on the bright side, i think it works as designed and if so i believe i have solved a problem that alot of people here have been looking for a solution to for a very long time.
Thanks for everyone's help
Steven Cole