Is it possible to configure auth_fallback on jira server? Not the DC edition. We have saml implemented on it but need access through a non-saml method
Hi Geoff,
since you are on Server and SAML it means you are using a 3rd party plugin like ours: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212130/saml-single-sign-on-sso-jira-saml-sso?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview
Could you share with us which one you are using and a bit more about your setup.
For our plugin you can bypass the SAML authentication to login with a local account like described here for example: https://wiki.resolution.de/doc/saml-sso/latest/all/knowledgebase-articles/technical/cannot-access-jira-confluence-bitbucket-bamboo-fisheye-crucible-anymore-bypass-sso
cheers,
chris
Hi Chris. We are using Okta as our IDP. I guess the next step would be to ask Okta?
Hi @Geof Birchall
What redirect rules do you want to apply to decide whether Okta login should be triggered or not?I work for Kantega SSO, and I have attached screenshots from our configuration pages where you can set Okta-login to only trigger for certain domains or user directories.The fallback-redirect mode in the screenshot allow you to set a SAML idp as auth-fallback. You can also configure the redirect rules to redirect to traditional login as fallback.Please reach out if you need assistance getting your configuration right.Regards,Jon EspenKantega SSO
thanks Jon. It appears I have to fiddle with a config file to get this going. https://saml-doc.okta.com/Provisioning_Docs/Okta_Jira_Authenticator_Configuration_Guide.html
I did set the spUsers without a useful result and I am wondering if one of the other values is causing a problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.