I rebooted my server yesterday for a hardware update. Upon reboot, I restarted Jira. I get the usual messages running the start-jira.sh. There are no errors that appear on the start up script. I have gone through the logs, and there is no errors that I can see. I typically am getting nothing on the web page. Occasionally i am getting "JIRA had problems starting up" page, stating it can't locate my JIRA home directory. But usually it is just blank, white page.
Java is running. My confluence instance came back up with no problems. So i'm trying to figure out why Jira is not coming back up when restarted. I'll go back through the logs but I honestly didn't see anything out of the ordinary or anything labelled as error or warning. My version does seem to have a bit of abug with Java. but i have run my check-java.sh and exported the appropriate file for jdk. I would love some other things to try to get this working.
Disclosure: the person who installed this originally did not do it correctly. If i can get this back up and working, I will have a migration to a better installation VERY SOON to avoid this type of issue in the future.