Let's say that I run a service through Jira where I match heroes with an adventure. I've got heroes of all varieties, and I've got adventures in spades.
A hero that wants to begin an adventure navigates to my Jira instance. They're able to create an issue that indicates the type of adventure that they'd like to have, so this hero does so. However, me as a responsible adventure-mapping service proprieter (and one that wants them to have a positive experience and thus come back for another adventure once the current one is over) wants to make sure that they understand all the risks associated with the hero's chosen adventure. I mean, you know those heroes: always headstrong and wanting to sail across the sea for the hidden treasure of King Flabbanabba, but they don't realize that there's a strong possibility that they have no sea legs and the trip there would be the worst part.
I also understand that there are several risks that could be associated with multiple adventures (lots of bad guys of henchpersons [henchpeople?], both mages and shamans can affect the weather, etc.); conversely, not all risks are associated with all adventures (you probably don't have to worry about a kraken also being a necromancer, but I suppose you never know).
So the prospective hero creates the issue and it flows through the workflow to the status "Adventure Requested". Unless I'm mistaken, I seriously doubt that Jira has the funcionality to extract the associated dangers automatically, so this bit requires the attention of one of my own henchpersons. Fine, that's no big deal. Once a henchperson gets their hands on it, they split the adventure request into an appropriate number of Epics, each one covering a different aspect of the adventure request, and each Epic potentially having different and not-necessarily-overlapping associated risks. Here's what I'm looking for from Jira:
1) For each Epic, my henchpersons would like to be able to select from a list pre-written disclaimers for each type of risk that a hero could face with that Epic. (If this just ends up being one long list where the henchperson just deletes the unwanted text, that's not the end of the world...ooh! New adventure idea!)
2) Once my henchpersons have selected all applicable risks for a given Epic, they transition it to a status that only the hero can transition out of, either accepting or rejecting the risks (I know how to do this bit already).
3) At some point in this process, the hero needs to see the pre-selected risks for each Epic, so I need a place where they'll all be gathered in one spot; is there some way to dynamically generate a block of text for the hero to read that would contain all of and only the pre-selected risks?
4) Once the hero is satisfied with the chosen adventure as broken down and codified into Epics by my henchpersons, and they've read the generated text of pre-selected risks, they can accept the Epics and transition the Epics to the "Open Adventure" status. But wait! How do I, as the proprieter, know that they've actually read the disclaimers? I don't want to get sued because some numb-skull didn't read the bit about electrocution. Is there a way to have a checkbox (or equivalent) that says "I've read and agree to all of the aforementioned risks"?
We also have access to Confluence, so if some of it needs to be handled there, that is an option.