I just tried to create a version hierarchy from the Planning board (Planning Board > Version > Add), but I wonder why the order of the child versions is inversed. I did the following:
- Added Version "2.5", Parent "None"
- Added Version "2.5 M1", "Parent "2.5"
- Added Version "2.5 M2", "Parent "2.5"
- Added Version "2.6", Parent "None"
- Added Version "2.6 M1", "Parent "2.6"
- Added Version "2.6 M2", "Parent "2.6"
But on the Planning board (right column), the versions are displayed in the following order:
- 2.5
- -> 2.5 M2
- -> 2.5 M1
- 2.6
- -> 2.6 M2
- -> 2.6 M1
I would have expected:
- 2.5
- -> 2.5 M1
- -> 2.5 M2
- 2.6
- -> 2.6 M1
- -> 2.6 M2
And in the Project Administration page, the versions are listed in the following order (I realize, that this page always shows all the versions in reverse, but that's not the problem!)
- 2.6 M1
- 2.6 M2
- 2.6
- 2.5 M1
- 2.5 M2
- 2.5
I would have expected:
- 2.6 (will be released after 2.6 M2!)
- 2.6 M2
- 2.6 M1
- 2.5 (will be released after 2.5 M2!)
- 2.5 M2
- 2.5 M1
Why does JIRA/GreenHopper order it that way (especially given that GreenHopper understands child versions as sprints summing up to the parent version, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Setting+Up+a+Version+Hierarchy) ?