Hello,
Thanks in advance.
I am creating tickets using Jira Cloud REST API and getting below error:
=> NOK (key='description', reason='The entered text is too long. It exceeds the allowed limit of 32,767 characters.')
Is any way to increase description field character size.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-advanced-settings-818578877.html
This doesn't tell about text fields as in Server 7.13 version supports
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-advanced-settings-938847828.html
Hi Prashant, I think this was already answered in this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Max-Char-Limit-on-Cloud/qaq-p/735645
There is an open feature request for this setting in Cloud, I think what you can do now is vote and hope for it, and manage this in the API, as suggested you can truncate the text, or put the text into a file and attach to the ticket.
Best regards
You should set 0 for the jira.text.field.character.limit in the advanced settings.
There is no such option in Advanced Settings.
I am using Jira Cloud not hosted server.
Ohh, Thanks.
Did you resolve this? I am facing the same problem, can't find the jira.text.field.character.limit in the advanced settings.
32,767
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.