Hi,
I started a new project and I would like to add sub-tasks as an issue. I do not find it in the list. What have I done wrong? Every guide says that you should be able to add a issue > Sub-task
In order to be able to add sub-tasks you need to make sure that your project has them in it's issue type scheme. Please check the issue type scheme in the project settings.
Hi @Filip Klementsson,
please go the issue where you want to create a sub-task.
In the menu "More" you'll find Create sub-task.
Best,
Nico
If you are on cloud and using a Next-gen project sub-tasks are not yet supported. Roadmap
It would be really helpful if some Atlassian employee would go through the online docs and add a note to this effect. I wasted the entire morning trying to figure out the missing Create sub-task option. And things get totally bizarre when you try to follow the existing docs and find yourself under Jira/Jira Settings/Issue types and the only defined type is Epic.
you might want to use the "Feedback" link. If you haven't seen this article you might find it useful for NG projects. No idea if sub-tasks are mentioned there but I kind of doubt it. working-with-next-gen-software-projects
for sure the Jira/Jira Settings... is not for NG. NG is a completely different set of software from what I have heard. One thing to keep in mind for NG is that you don't need to access anything in the Jira Settings. With few exceptions, everything you can do for NG projects is found within the project itself. The reason for this is NG projects are open to any user. You don't need to be an admin. So accessing any admin screens is not required.
Hope that helps Robert. Cheers...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.