When I create a pull request from the forked repository, the pipeline builds are not triggering. Someone please explain how pipeline works in bitbucket?
Hi @ramesh-chainyard,
I'll need your confirmation on what type of pull request you are doing to better address your question.
Someone please explain how pipeline works in bitbucket?
A pipeline build will be triggered if the feature is enabled, you have minutes to build and your bitbucket-properties.yml file properly configured.
More details can be found in:
The documents above will explain general details for pipeline builds on any repository which will help you to get a general understanding of the feature. Once you answer my questions above I'll be able to better address your main question.
Thanks for the response. I am creating a "pull request from forked repo to original repo".
We have a original repo and a user forked it from it. After his/her work, submitted a pull request from a forked repo to a original reposiotry. I have enabled pipeline to develop branch and .yaml is available.
Could you please let me know what is the process to trigger pipelines on pull request? If this is not possible, what is the approach we have to follow to verify the changes before merge them in the original repository.
I'm sorry I didn't know this off the top of my head and like you I also ran into the same issue. A pull request from a forked repository to the main repository will not trigger any pipeline build.IMO It makes sense that a pull request from a remote repository will not trigger any build on the main one. I say this because it would cost pipeline minutes for every strange code submission attempted (not even reviewed).
Could you please let me know what is the process to trigger pipelines on pull request?
Pipelines pull request for the same repository will trigger builds when the pull request is created or updated but only if it is a pull request for the same repository. So in your forked repository you can create a pull request from a branch to another, and the build should be triggered if the pull request is configured according to Configure bitbucket-pipelines.yml - Atlassian Documentation (pull-requests section).
In the same section you will see the information we were looking for about the forked repositories.
"This only applies to pull requests initiated from within your repository; pull requests from a forked repository will not trigger the pipeline."
Let me know if this answers your question.
Can this be enabled somehow? We have a private repo so not worried about unwanted commits and we usually use a fork, work on fork, make pull request to upstream workflow?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.