Hello,
I see that filters are not yet on the roadmap for next-gen board.
Is there a reason for this? And how else we can solve this issue where we had the ability to use specific sql to filter all issues into reports, etc.
Thank you!
Hello Jane,
Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!Next-gen projects were created to be more simple, so currently it's not possible to create a filter for Burnup and Velocity reports.
We have some feature requests related to filters for next-gen, but nothing related to reports:
- Roadmap Epic filter in next-gen projects- Next-gen project backlog - filter for completed issues.- Ability to create quick filters in Next-gen project- Ability to configure board filters for next gen project
If you need to use filters on reports, we suggest using Classic projects.
Update - Jan 9, 2020
Since we are receiving new comments on this thread, I would like to let you know that this thread will remain open, however, feedback will only be monitored and reviewed from the linked Jira issues above. Please leave any feedback, concerns or user cases within the linked Jira issues. We do value your feedback and want to ensure it's recorded within the appropriate issue to action.
Regards,Angélica
Hi Angélica,
Thank you for the update. In fact I was referring to quick board filters that exist on the active. I believe both these issues are referring to that, if I'm not mistaken:
Does this mean that we can expect board quick filters in the near future?
Hi Jane,
We wouldn't say that this feature will be available soon. On this main feature, there is currently 95 sub-tasks with suggestions for next-gen and few of them was resolved, so we can't say for sure when this is going to be implemented.
Hi Angelica, is a filter for not showing closed tasks in next-gen board on the roadmap?
Hi @Joeri Bruneel,
There is not specific for tasks. I checked that the roadmap was updated and they will improve the filters on next-gen projects:- https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software#result-9d75ad60Please, feel free to create a sub-tasks with more details about why this feature is important for you here.
Hello, I see filtering improvements were made, according to the roadmap:
- https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.124488842.1285284632.1559747177-900371441.1555955832#result-9d75ad60
Specifically, it looks like you are able to use labels as a filter type. However, I am unable to do that on my board. Does it need to be 'turned on' or something? (I have Next-Gen)
Thanks!
Sarah
Hi Sarah,For the filter "Labels" to appear in the board or backlog, you just need to add a label in the tickets. Please, click on any card and add a label, then on the top, the option to filter will appear.Regards,Angélica
Hey Andelica, I tried that, and I didn't see the board change. I have attached a video here: https://cl.ly/82fd5783f00f
Wow, pretty lame response for Atlassian that common simple features of classic projects are not planned.
The Next gen projects were pitched to us as the "next generation". There are several features in next gen projects which are not available in classic projects ... and that was why we switched to next gen (at some cost).
There are now multiple implementations of a core capability (project boards) each with a different set of features and customizability. The huge switching costs between classic and next gen makes this even worse. Now Atlassian has to maintain both classic and next gen (which slows down the pace of improvement of both implementations)
I agree with you as this is vital for Product Managers to support advanced business structures that span across multiple Jira projects. Is there any update on the timeline when this will be implemented in the "next-gen" offering?
I found a workaround way to filter a roadmap.
I created a new type of issues (I called it "Parent Epic").
I created one child issue of "Parent Epic" type on each Epic I want to keep in the filter.
I used the "Type" filter to keep the Epics which have a "Parent Epic" issue as a child.
Hope it will helps some people while the label filter isn't functional.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.