Dear Community,
I'm hoping this question isn't too low level, however I'm kind of confused, somehow also by a strange and old thread covering the topic here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/how-to-change-ip-address-of-confluence-server/qaq-p/8871
I'm running Confluence 6.13 as a service on a Windows 10 PC. Access via localhost:8090 works fine, I'm managing spaces and all that, no issues.
The point is that I want to access Confluence from several machines within the same network. The Confluence host PC has one network interface and the fixed IP address 192.168.178.36 assigned. All other machines do have corresponding IP addresses such as 192.168.178.32, 192.168.178.55 etc. I want to access Confluence from these other machines using 192.168.178.36:8090, and I'd like to keep the option to access Confluence on the Confluence host PC using localhost:8090.
Now, I understand I need to change the Server Base URL according to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-the-server-base-url-148592.html
However I'm doubtful that this is really the right way, or the only thing to do? In the moment I change the Server Base URL, I would not be able to access Confluence via localhost:8090 anymore, and consequently the "Your URL doesn't match" warning is displayed. The gentlemen in the thread above seem to disagree on the idea of editing server.xml configuration file. Also, what I need to improve upon seems to be my Tomcat configuration skills, I assume. The Confluence admin docu is pretty silent about that except some hints on the Tomcat server memory configuration - however.
So my question is, isn't there a clean way to configure Confluence accordingly as envisioned above? Or is there any step-by-step page that I must have overlooked?
Thanks a lot for your kind consideration, and apologies if I'm asking a very noob question.
Best,
Richard