When I have a long list of tickets in List View, I like to be able to open two browser windows side-by-side, and then quickly drag the links from one to the other to open them quickly, like so:
- Perform a search, or open a filter, to get a list of issues; make sure to select List View
- Open a 2nd browser window side-by-side with first window.
- Attempt to click on one of the search results (links) and drag to open it in the 2nd window.
-> This is not allowed. The List View treats each entry as a separate "tile" and thinks I am trying to resort the tiles.
The drag-to-open functionality works in IE, but not in Chrome. In Chrome, I am forced to right-click, Open in New Window, and then close the previous window, which really slows down my workflow when working with large number of tickets.
(My company recently switched from IE to Chrome on our workstations, which is fine except for this little annoyance.)