In JIRA settings - Permission schemes - Permissions - Edit project permission. When I select Group its only showing 20 of 28 groups. Does anyone know why?
Hi @Matt Sneller
If you start typing the group name, using exact case the list will filter to show matches
Hi Tom,
That does not work. The group that I'm trying to add is part of the 8 that are filtered out. Not sure why it's not showing all groups.
The group picker usually shows the first 20. The potential number of groups can be unwieldy in large installations.
I’m not sure why entering the name isn’t working for your system.
Well, this is odd. I deleted some old groups that we're not using and now I can see my new group in the search results.
Using exact case is the key here. I was running into the same issue.
Same issue just encountered. Created a new group, added people, went to add that group to a project permission in the permission scheme and the group is not listed in the drop-down and typing the name of the group does nothing, it's as if the group didn't exist.
Same issue here.
Case sensitive, this was my issue.
This was perplexing me, exact case was my issue thanks!
@[deleted] please can we get this user experience improved? Its not very intuitive to use a search filter that is case sensitive.
Hi
Just to summarise.
The drop down does not show all groups for performance and usability. As shown by message in example 'Showing 20 of 28 matching groups'.
To get a focussed list you need to start typing the group name.
Atlassian's search is counter intuitive.
An exact case input will find the group you are searching for.
An all lowercase (or non matching case) will search for anything containing the text but does not usually put the starts with match first. When you have keyed the full group name you will see the group matched. No idea why this behaviour has been in Jira for so long as no-one likes it.
User searching will behave as expected matching case in-sensitive input.
JRASERVER-68405JRACLOUD-33850
Its case-sensitive, if it begins with a capital, you have to search by that. Frustrating!! Fix this please Atlassian, because I ended up editing so many other parts before realising this was the problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.