Currently new issue screen customization only allows you to put fields into one of three groups, but all groups are on the Right Hand (i.e. small) pane of the issue view:
* Primary => always show
* Secondary => Hide in more fields
* Hidden => never show
I WANT an option to ALWAYS SHOW IN THE LEFT HAND SIDE
I do not care about changing the order of the fields on the RIGHT HAND SQUASHED PANE OF DEATH (well ok I do, but its not the priority)
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE THE RICH TEXT FIELDS (Or wiki text or markdown or whatever you want to call it) UNDER THE DESCRIPTION FIELD... Heck I can live without them being rich text for now, just let me put it somewhere that people can actually see the whole field value.
Since you added the ability to configure the issue screen:

EXACTLY HOW HARD IS IT TO HAVE A CATEGORY FOR "SHOW ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE"?