Simply put I am new to all this wonderful stuff, its fascinating but at the moment I am really poor on time.
Great to have a community to reach out to.
Can anyone let me know if I can attach an email to a card for a new project I have opened please?
An email looks like a file to most systems, so yes, you can just attach them like any other file.
Jira won't read or display them, as they look like binary blobs of data, but a lot of browsers and client computers will happily open them for viewing.
Hi Nic, really sorry to ask but any idea of the BEST practice way to copy an email to jira? Also if I want to copy multiple emails is there a BEST practice for that too?
There's no "best" really.
You're attaching data objects to issues, there's no absolute best, just whatever works best for you. Sometimes, I drag and drop, other times, I'll use browse to find the file to add. As emails, I'd probably lean towards drag and drop from an email client, as it's quicker than saving each one and then attaching it, and most will let you select several mails to drop in.
Thank you Nic, much appreciated, will try this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.