I have an older JIRA 7.4 instance running on PostGreSQL.
I am having issues connecting my Confluence 6.1.3 to this JIRA server, keeps giving the error "Failed to create remote crowd client".
What steps should I take to fix/troubleshoot?
I was able to succesfully update my JIRA from 7.4 to 7.12.3
I am still getting the "Failed to create remote crowd client" when I go through the steps to add a JIRA directory to my Confluence installation.
When I am trying to create the application link between Confluence to our Jira Directory I get different errors based on the IP i enter for the server url:
http://64.xx.xx.xx:8080
Connection test failed. Response from the server: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. client.forbidden.exception Go to Jira home
64.xx.xx.xx:8080
Failed to create remote crowd client"
I used an internal IP instead of the public IP and it was able to connect to complete the user dir.
My only concern is that the base URL is the public IP, not the internal one. Will that pose any issues?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.