Hello.
I'm trying to deploy my JIRA Sofware Server on AWS EC2 instance.
First, I tried to follow this link https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/jira/ to deploy, but I did not see that this is for "Data Center" not "Server". I removed the installation but I already pointed my license key to this instance's server key, so I need to reset my key. Is there any way?
Next, I created an EC2 instance with official CenOS 7 AMI (CentOS 7 (x86_64) - with Updates HVM). Then via wget downloaded the Jira Software and installed. The İnstallation process was successful. But after installation; I couldn't connect it via port 8080.
- Tried to connect via Public DNS (ex: ec2-123-123-123-123.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com:8080) but couldn't get it to work => Safari can't find the server.
- Assigned an Elastic IP and tried to connect to it (ex: 123.123.123.123:8080) but faced the same problem.
Then, to learn the installation process first, I created a local CentOS instance via VMWare Fusion on my local Mac. Followed the exact same path to install the Jira Server and voila! Everything works as expected. This led me to this question. Is there something blocking the port 8080 on EC2?
Could you please lead me to get it to work and reset my license key. Thank you.