I am beyond frustrated with this system. I love systems that are in an ABC format, meaning do A,B, and C to make things happen. I feel like I am wasting more time reading about how to make Jira work than implementing anything into the system.
At this point, I have 2 bulk projects in our system. From the bulk projects, I have created issues. Within the issues, I need to assign these to 1 of 4 individuals. Depending on the project 1 or more of the individuals may pop up in the assignee box. I can assign it to myself but I am only an assignee I will never actually complete any of these tasks. The other is the Project lead who occasionally will take on issues but for the most part, they will be allocated out to the other 3 guys.
What am I missing or not doing and how many steps will need to be completed to just assign a simple issue to someone. This system is supposed to help simplify things if I was using one of my other platforms I could have assigned the task and have had it completed already not messing around with all of these logistics. Sorry just truly frustrated.
Anyone with a lay mans outline of how to do this, please share as I have 2 hours in reading things that have not helped thus far.